Computer/Electronics Engineer (Aerospace)
Location: Crofton, MD
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Adcole Maryland Aerospace, LLC (AMA) was formed by a merger between industry leaders in small satellites (Maryland Aerospace, Inc.) and Adcole Corporation (a world leader in the production of industrial metrology equipment). AMA is involved in design of unmanned systems and nano-satellites and is a leading provider of Small Satellite and CubeSat components and end-to-end space systems. Since delivering the world’s first self-contained CubeSat attitude determination and control system in 2009, AMA has delivered more CubeSat attitude control systems than any other vendor. Our most recent small satellite, Kestrel Eye Block II, was delivered to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command and has been operated successfully on-orbit since October 2017.
This unprecedented combination of traditional and new space technology combines innovative product development with the capability to deliver high-reliability hardware for our nation’s critical space programs. To learn more about our new combined company, please visit our websites www.adcolemai.comand www.adcole.com. Headquartered in Massachusetts, we are 150 employees in 5 locations worldwide.
Upon hire all employees receive a generous benefits package including medical/dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, 401K program and vacation/sick time. Privately held and under new ownership, the company is aggressively investing in training, technology and product innovation to grow significantly in the coming years.
Adcole Maryland Aerospace is seeking an experienced Computer/Electronics Engineer with embedded systems design and firmware development skills for a long-term contract assignment. Due to the nature of the work performed, any candidate wishing to be considered for this positionmust be a citizen of the United States with a current secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Good hands-on embedded hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong C/C++ and assembly language skills for embedded systems (Non-PC environment).
- Comfortable with non-GUI development environment such as DOS, Windows command prompt, Linux/Unix.
- Must be US Citizen due to project requirements (Please indicate on resume).
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Development of microcontroller/microprocessor/FPGA/SoC based mixed signal hardware.
- Printed Circuit Board design and layout.
- Communications protocol development and familiarity with I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422/RS485, CAN Bus, Ethernet interfaces, a plus.
- BS or MS in Embedded Systems/Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Experience with image/video processing and recognition or hardware development for space products, a plus.
Must be a US citizen with a current secret clearance or an ability to obtain one