Location: Crofton, MD
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Adcole Maryland Aerospace, LLC (AMA) was formed by a merger between industry leaders in small satellites (Maryland Aerospace, Inc.) and high-reliability large satellite components (Adcole Corporation). AMA is a leading provider of Small Satellite and CubeSat components and end-to-end space systems. Since delivering the world’s first self-contained CubeSat attitude determination and control system in 2009, AMA has delivered more CubeSat attitude control systems than any other vendor. AMA’s most recent small satellite, Kestrel Eye Block II, was delivered to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command and has been operated successfully on-orbit since October 2017.
This unprecedented combination of traditional and new space technology combines innovative product development with the capability to deliver high-reliability hardware for our nation’s critical space programs. To learn more about our new combined company, please visit www.adcolemai.com.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong background using C++ and C for embedded software development and device control
- Software development techniques for bare-metal and embedded Linux
- Ability to understand and employ standard software development processes, including software analysis, design, testing, peer review, and continuous integration techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with team members
- Support work-related travel
- U.S. citizenship required. Candidate must have, or be able to obtain, a U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field is required
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field is preferred
- Host/target development with Arm Cortex M-series and A-series processor
- Other embedded processor families
- JTAG debugging
- Serial, I2C, SPI, and CAN bus interface operation
- C#, Python development
- Network programming
- VxWorks or other RTOS
Must be a US citizen with a current secret clearance or an ability to obtain one