Computer/Electronics Engineer (Aerospace)
Location: Crofton, MD
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Adcole Maryland Aerospace, LLC (AMA) was formed by a merger between industry leaders in small satellites (Maryland Aerospace, Inc.) and high-reliability large satellite components (Adcole Corporation). AMA is a leading provider of Small Satellite and CubeSat components and end-to-end space systems. Since delivering the world’s first self-contained CubeSat attitude determination and control system in 2009, AMA has delivered more CubeSat attitude control systems than any other vendor. AMA’s most recent small satellite, Kestrel Eye Block II, was delivered to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command and has been operated successfully on-orbit since October 2017.
This unprecedented combination of traditional and new space technology combines innovative product development with the capability to deliver high-reliability hardware for our nation’s critical space programs. To learn more about our new combined company, please visit www.adcolemai.com.
Upon hire all employees receive a generous benefits package including medical/dental coverage, HSA with company seed and matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, 401K program and vacation/sick time. AMA employees work on flexible schedules, performing some work from home and having flex-time within the current month. AMA is privately held and has been investing in training, technology and product innovation to grow significantly in the coming years.
Adcole Maryland Aerospace is seeking an experienced Computer/Electronics Engineer with embedded systems design and firmware development skills for a long-term contract assignment. Due to the nature of the work performed, any candidate wishing to be considered for this position must be a citizen of the United States with a current secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Schematic capture, printed circuit board layout.
- Development of low level firmware for board bring up and design verification.
- Development of FPGA logic with microprocessor interface.
- Perform design tradeoffs with other subject matter experts such as software, mechanical, thermal, guidance and control to a achieve project requirements.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Good hands-on embedded hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong C/C++ and assembly language skills for embedded systems (Non-PC environment).
- Comfortable with non-GUI development environment such as DOS, Windows command prompt, Linux/Unix.
- Must be US Citizen due to project requirements (Please indicate on resume).
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Development of microcontroller/microprocessor/FPGA/SoC based mixed signal hardware.
- Printed Circuit Board design and layout.
- Communications protocol development and familiarity with I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422/RS485, CAN Bus, Ethernet interfaces, a plus
- BS or MS in Embedded Systems/Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Experience with image/video processing and recognition or hardware development for space products, a plus.
Must be a US citizen with a current secret clearance or an ability to obtain one